Sunday, December 27, 2009

Back for more! Tender Mercy and Favorite Moment...

I am very proud of myself. I almost didn't write today, I was feeling lazy, but that is crazy because I have too much to be grateful for today. Sundays, they are so great! Don't you agree? Can I get an amen? I can't hear you!
Okay, that was good. Today I was blessed enough to speak and sing at a nursing home in little ol' Dingle Idaho. Nursing homes are my favorite places to partake of the sacrament because the people there are so committed to God that the room has no choice but to be overflowing with the Spirit.



I felt it stronger than I have felt the spirit in a while. It was as though I really was baptized again, I felt myself renewing convenants to the Lord and I felt him cleansing me. It is a beautiful thing. To make it all even more powerful, my Dad, who just had knee surgery blessed the sacrament, to do so he needed to kneel on both knees. I saw him painfully use his priesthood authority to bless all of us in the room. He allowed himself to ache physically so that we could be healed spiritually. It was truly symbolic of the atonement and the promises we make when we partake of the sacrament. We promise to stand as a witness of Christ despite what pain it may cause us. It chilled me to the bone. Thus it was my favorite moment of the day.

What's my tender mercy you ask?
Well I will tell you, thanks for asking!
When I spoke I had no idea what I was going to say, but the Lord filled my mouth and at one point I pointed at a lady and said passionately "You are NEVER, EVER alone." turns out her daughter died this week, and she has never felt more alone and abandoned by the Lord. God it good isn't he? What a tender Mercy.

We truly are a blessed people. The Lord never leaves any of us alone. He is there, He is HERE. He rejoices with us and he cries with us. He scratches our backs when we need to relaxe, He holds us in his arms when we are lonely, and He allows us to bend His ear at anytime. He really is a great Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment