Sunday, December 27, 2009

Daily Tender Mercy and favorite moment...

I have decided to try to do a daily favorite moment and tender mercy. This being my first day at blogging, I am really into it, but knowing me it may fade fast. I hope it doesn't, me being commited? That would be a tender mercy.

Favorite moment-
I decided, for the first time since I have been visiting my family for Christmas to actually get ready today. I bathed (impressive I know), I did my hair (I am an over achiever), and I even put on make up. It was a big day for me, I was hoping to meet my true love in the land of Dingle Idaho. I didn't meet my true love, BUT when I walked out of the bathroom, my 4 year old nephew (as seen in the picture below) said "Wow Patience you look pretty!" He instantly became my favorite nephew! And made my favorite moment of the day. Thanks Christian.




Tender Mercy-
We all have a lot of those daily don't we? My number one of the day was a quote my brother Larry read from Elder Richard G. Scott that says.
"Fourteen years ago the Lord took my wife beyond the veil. I love her with all my heart, but I have never complained because I know it was His will. I have never asked why but rather what is it that He wants me to learn from this experience. I believe that is a good way to face the unpleasant things in our lives, not complaining but thanking the Lord for the trust He places in us when He gives us the opportunity to overcome difficulties." As he read that I felt the Lord speak to me through his spirit and gave me a tip, something he wants me to work on, and promised that doing that would make me happy. What a great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment